Monday, March 9, 2009

Been in Perth since 3 Feb...

and found time to get this blog up after almost a month. And then again, it has been mostly pix cos I haven't been writing much. Cos...yup, I've sorta let vet school days caught up to my neck! :)

I felt the pace from day 1, mostly cos a large part of the cohort are entering vet school straight after their Biomedical year last year, so most of the stuff is like revision to them. For the smaller portion of international students like me, we come from diverse backgrounds with differing experience both academically and on the job.

Today is the Monday of Week 4, and I'm having abit of luxury time sorting out my photo collection and penning down my thoughts here cos Biochem lab ended early!

I have not been writing much at all since I arrive, largely due to the full timetable we're on. It's 3 full days and 2 halfdays. And that sorta makes me feel disconnected to my surroundings and my days here, cos I realise, in a way, I integrate faster into a new environment if I write deeply about it. The reflecting of each day and the capturing of each scene that catches the eye - it keeps me connected to the present moments and grounds my soul to the acceptance that I am now on a new land. Keeps the mind from muddling back to the past or wandering anxiously into the future.

The experiences in Perth so far have been quite different from that in New Zealand last year. I won't compare them here but I guess, as each day unfolds and as I reflect and write about it, I would come to see the greater plan in store. As I remember the wise words spoken - if your dream consists of you and just you alone, it is just too small a dream. There IS a purpose why we are where we are, right this moment. And if we make up our mind, to seize today, to live in the now, that purpose will live on in its unveiling.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see u back on the blog :-) Thanks for sharing your lovely pics and your thoughts. Pray that u'll adapt better and better to your new environment with each passing day. Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, sis, we rest in knowing that our path is in the hands of our ever-loving & all-knowing GOD!

    Boy! i certainly could identify with the study-load you're facing! i started my new semester 2-weeks back & i could hardly breath! Already we have a few classmates quitting their jobs to cope with the studies! Wish i have the means to do that too, heehee:) But no complains, i love my job, though doing both can seem an insurmountable task!

    Let's Jia You!

    big sis.

    ReplyDelete